Donnerstag, 26. Juni 2008

2008 World Masters Marathon Championships - Pescara (Italy) September 20

To: All National Federations affiliated to FIRS

ref. 2008 WORLD MASTERS MARATHON CHAMPIONSHIPS - PESCARA ( ITALY) SEPTEMBER 20

Dear Mister the President,

I have pleasure in communicating you that the 2008 World Masters Marathon Championships are scheduled in Pescara ( Italy) next September 20.

The sports venue alteration, from Zurich to Pescara, is due to the opportunity in giving special relevance to our Sport on the occasion of the test event of Roller Speed Skating that, for the first time, has been included in the official program of the Mediterranean Games.

It is necessary that the Organising Committe of the Games could have the possibility to test facilities and the corresponding location of races and the marathon will be suitable for it......

I am sure that this opportunity will be strategic for further developments of the Olympic Program, above all thanks to the possibility to exploit an organising structure of very high level.

F.I.R.S. and C.I.C. esteemed to make this alteration in order to obtain the best possible coverage for the event and for all the Roller Sports Movement.

F.I.R.S. and C.I.C. thank the Organisers of W.I.C. for having been available in organising the 2008 WMMC and then renounce for the promotion of our sport discipline.

It will be care of the Organising Committe in sending a circular letter to all of you about hotels and how to reach Pescara.

With my best sports regards,

Dr. Roberto Marotta
CIC President

Keine Kommentare: